17 March 2015

Your Soft Flesh


I want your soft flesh
And curving smooths,
The easy angles
At the bends of your shoulders.

It should be me
Whose lustful  touch gentles across your body.
Who breathes in your tactile scent,
Who brushes away
The delicate texture of every hair

My nervous fingers
Deserve this embrace,
To fasten the tailored clasp,
To squeeze down the lunette
To drop the blade,
To steal this last metal caress.



Submitted at Imaginary Garden with Real Toads' Tuesday Platform. The inspiration started with a line from a Radiohead song: When I am king you will be first against the wall, With your opinion which is of no consequence at all. Then there's the last line, which I owe to Rush.


7 comments:

  1. To me the last stanza opened up with the same shock like a flick-knife being opened by a lover... really unsettling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a well-written turn at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. quite the bizarre video. I like how you've made a noun of smooths, and a verb of gentles, and the twist at the end ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. A worst nightmare, imagined in too many movies! Powerfully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like surprises.

    The muddy feet are because she was simply enjoying the walk...before the unattended death.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely turns on the second verse and casts a creepy shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This feels almost like a love song of an article of clothing-- really ibteresting and very sensual. Sorry for typos. On phone. K. Manicddaily

    ReplyDelete