15 April 2012

Dream It Hard


I dreamed it
So hard.
I had it
Every night.
In the palm of my brain.
I slept so hard
At everything I ever wanted.

I swam to the bottom of the ocean
In a happy squid’s sucker grasp.
I flew shotgun with the red baron
And rode down a bomb
To the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
It blew up in pink bubbles.

I raced Paul Bunyan
To the top of Mt. Everest
In three great bounds.
I looked down at the constellations
And colored them
Alpha wave orange with rainbows
That slung from my wrists
Spiderman style.

I dreamed it
So good.
I saved the world from zombies.
I found Jimmy Hoffa.
I punched the Hulk.
I lived forever.

And still,
My eyes opened.

Definietly a work in progress. I'm not so happy with the ending at all. Submitted at Imaginary Garden with Real Toads


11 comments:

  1. "i lived forever"...beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some wild dreams. Wish mine were so colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of believing in yourself... a really good poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it...dreaming contrasting with eyes opened. Lived forever is a good line ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I love "in the palm of my brain"! And I like the ending. It all comes down to that — reality.
    Good work, whether in progress or not.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the palm of my brain... what a terrific line! Really well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dream poem...I don't dream much when asleep. I mostly dream with my eyes open. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The landscape of dream is the landscape of the possible - until that final irony, when you open your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all! I almost used "in the palm of my mind" but I thought "brain" worked better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! Especially stanza 1.

    Once I dreamed I was on a roller coaster that spiraled down faster, faster, and would launch you into space at the end. But someone woke me up right before the launch.

    I can SEE why you don't like the end of the poem...lol

    ReplyDelete