29 July 2011

Asshole


Are you cool enough now?
Stupid, fumbled banter
Flopped you and your dumb words
In the drink.
Annoyed glances
Growled into angry glares.

Best to keep that foot in your mouth
And out of the sharks’.
They have more teeth than you. 


Ever say something that you really shouldn't have? If you happen to be in the wrong place, it could really put you in a pickle. The title came last. It just really seemed to fit. I used words from Three Word Wednesday- fumble, banter, and glance.

9 comments:

  1. I liked this.. infact Sharks not only have bigger teeeth.. they use them to swallow you up.. Thanks for your visit to my page and liking my Haikus..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a poem of reminiscence. I don't think anybody's there right now. But I'm sure I'll be there again. I actually got the idea from a very specific incident a couple of decades ago that I was on the outskirts of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ramesh, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite the slap down.

    Great use of three words. Please come see my three words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Alice. And I like your use of the three words.

    ReplyDelete