17 May 2011

Before You Kiss Him


I wanna be your
Everywhere thought stalker.
Wonder if it was me
In your dream
When you wake?
You can’t remember so
You put me there.

Affix me
To your memory.
Think me
In your picture frame.
Switch my form
In your desire.
Paint my lips
On his face
Before you kiss.


Yeah, I'm not sure where this came from. I started to try and retro-analyze it and all I could come up with was a girl who called me on a Sunday morning after she had watched me in a football game Saturday night.  I swear it must have been like 9am, too early for high school kids to want to talk on the phone on Sunday. Anyhow, it felt pretty cool thinking that the first thing she wanted to do when she woke up was call me. But, as I say, I thought of this as I tried to rationalize why and how I wrote this poem. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. That must have been a real ego boost! "Thought stalker" is a frightening idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floored by the first two lines, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouse, you don't know the half of it. I was a pretty big tool back then though. I blew it. With her, I actually blew it for several years-well beyond high school.

    Deep, from you and the downright sensual poetry that you are an expert at writing, that is a huge compliment. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well expressed emotions.

    you rock.

    join poets rally today.

    ReplyDelete