18 November 2010

Stormy Weather

So I was tying to do some work at home, but that never really works (my children make sure of that). So I decided to go and get some work done at work; we'll call it after hours. Anyway, as I'm almost there, my wife calls me and says that the power is out and the girls are scared. I go home. Stayed with the girls a while, drove one around until she fell asleep and saw the most incredible lighting aftermath I have ever seen. I didn't see any actual bolts, I just saw sections of the sky illuminate electric blue. And no thunder either. I don't know if it was sheet lightning or what, but it was sweet.
So I gotta write about lightning. Hmmm.....
More to come.

3 comments:

  1. mmm I love a good storm, nothing else makes me feel quite so alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in thunderstorm country. The lightning marched like an army of giants along the mountain tops. I'd switch off the lights and watch... Looking forward to the result of 'Hmmm'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same with MM, I used to live in one, too. Everytime there's storm, I love to stay at home and sleep. It makes me feel good. I remember getting scared with thunder and lighting though.

    ReplyDelete