02 September 2010

Dancing Machine

I wish I was a dancing machine.
I would stroll into work late
And the boss would
Point his finger at my pop-lock.
But I would be way too funky
To care.
"You ain't the boss of me
No more!"
As my head bobs with the beat.
My headphones cover like electric earmuffs,
Puts the beat
Right down in my brain
Deeper than an instinct,
Like a program hardwired to my soul.

I wish I was a dancing machine.


The first line just came to me and I had to get it down. I think I'm liking it and will definitely revisit it. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND SUGGEST!!!

2 comments:

  1. Just thought that this piece was cool. Thank you and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. My poetry is usually less funky, but I have a couple of pieces in this... style i guess I'll call it. I think I like it enough to keep working on it.

    And thanks for reading (and following) my blog.

    ReplyDelete